In our lives and leadership, being intentional in what we do so that it aligns with who we are is no easy task. This kind of integrity demands courage: the courage to be fully human, to take risks, to care deeply, and take principled action even in the midst of change and uncertainty. Fundamental to cultivating this courage is developing trust – in ourselves and in others – and this grows as we become more aware of our strengths, limitations and guiding values; it grows out of self-knowledge. Integrity, courage, trust and self-knowledge can be likened to muscles, and the Courage Way to a strengths training program. Though practicing of the guiding principles and time-tested tools of the Courage Way, we can continue to tone this powerful muscle group and this can only serve to strengthen our capacity to live and lead on purpose, and make us more surefooted in all that we do.
What the Courage Way offers are processes of reflective inquiry within a supportive community. Together with around 20 other people, we will create a space for honest dialogue and non-judgmental listening, practicing ways of relating that will help us be more present with ourselves and others. The ‘way in’ to reflection is through metaphor – which may be offered by images, evocative texts, music and insights from the natural world. During the retreat there will be time for individual reflection and journaling as well as large- and small-group dialogues in which stories of our own lives and leadership experiences can be shared. These processes offer the opportunity to:
– Gain a new depth of self-knowledge
– Discover a process for discernment to reach clarity around life and leadership questions
– Focus, without distraction, on what matters, especially our values and vision, challenges and fears
– Learn principles and practices from the Courage Way approach that can be applied to our daily lives and leadership
– Connect with others seeking similar insights — who listen to and encourage each other; who honour each other’s differences
– Enjoy deeply
For further details, click here.